Monday, October 5, 2009

Assignment #3 - Before & After

For this assignment, we were supposed to find a object that wasn't moving, so we could "bracket" with it. What this means is that you start with a good exposure, and then have a set apeture or shutter speed, and then change the other format after each exposure. What you have after you finish bracketing is a range of over and under exposed photos, and you can judge which were the best photos by using and judging your histogram. I was lucky enough to shoot this assignment in North Carolina, and along with the photos from the bracketing assignment, I was able to shoot other photos that I wouldn't get here in Utah!


This photo of the golf balls was taken on the driving range of the Govenors Club in Raleigh, North Carolina. The first image is the original copy, and the second has a small bit of editing. The first exposure was very good, because I didn't have to edit much for there to be a good amount of white and black.


Original Exposure




Edited Exposure



So, I didn't do a lot of editing, I just increased the blacks and whites a little bit, and increased the recorvery and fill light by a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment